Research indicates family businesses consistently out-perform non-family businesses in terms of return on investment and market value.
So what are the advantages available to a family business that can make them more successful?
The Family Business Essentials workshop will provide you and members of your family the opportunity to spend half a day focusing on the health of your family business, where you want to be and how you can harness your distinct competitive advantage to reach your goals.
The workshop is interactive and will explore issues critical to family business success.
- Identify family and business as interconnected systems which need differing approaches to maintain performance
- Understand the structures and processes that will professionalise your family business
- Complete a diagnostic on your family business, using the Diagnostic Tool and devise strategies and actions for your family business
- Understand the key elements of a successful family business
- Identify how those key elements apply to your family business
- Identify areas of your family business that require focus and prioritise them
- Develop an action plan to take back to your business to refine and implement
Who should attend
- All family members involved in strategically guiding the business
- Family businesses that do not have the wisdom of previous generations to draw upon
Facilitator: Martin Tobin | Outlore Consulting
Martin Tobin is an experienced and innovative family business adviser (and Independent Director), with a deep and broad understanding of the Australian family business sector. Drawing on his background as a solicitor, and previous leadership experience as CEO of Tobin Brothers Funerals (Melbourne), and Victorian Chairman of Family Business Australia, Martin is uniquely placed to provide creative input to Australian small to medium sized enterprises, particularly family-businesses, across a range of industries.
Martin has been recognised for his progressive thinking in all areas of business, an ability to align organisations and its people with new approaches and visions, and is an accomplished presenter and facilitator. In addition to his practical commercial experience, Martin has a strong academic background, having completed degrees in Arts & Law at Monash University, and a Masters of Business Administration at Melbourne University Business School. Martin is also an accredited FBA Family Business Adviser and a Licensed Business Broker.
Click here to view the terms and conditions.
Please contact VIC State Manager Alex Petersen on 03 9867 5322 if you require assistance with your registration.